I find it difficult to get a good gluten-free bread, even if nowadays you find many products in supermarket. Then, I always prefer a home-made bread rather than buying a ready product. I also like combining all purpose gluten-free flour with buckwheat, quinoa or millet flour, so you add other important minerals into your nutrition. Today I share with you the recipe for a flat bread, which is gluten-free, lactose-free and vegan. I do it especially when I prepare indian dishes or soups. I was inspired by the Naan bread recipe, so I made this gluten-free version.
You need just a few ingredients and little time to prepare it. I use to prepare a dough in the morning after breakfast, for then to finish it while preparing food for lunch. The steps are really easy, just combine all ingredients together and let rise in a warm place for 1-2 hours. I prefer a dry yeast, it’s easier to work with it. You can keep the baked bread in a fridge also for a few days and warm it on a frying pan before eating (without any oil).
On the picture above, that first piece of bread (half eaten 🙂 ) you can see also one small experiment that worked out very well. I hid a cheese inside of the dough and baked it. It was soo delicious. If you try this also, choose the cheese that has a strong taste, for example Toma might be a good choice.
Summary of the recipe:
Ingredients for 6 pieces
- 0,5 glass of water
- 0,5 glass of yogurt (normal or vegan (soy) yogurt)
- 0,5 package dry yeast
- 1 glass of gluten-free all purpose flour
- 1,5 glass of buckwheat flour
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- 0,5 tsp of salt
- pinch of raw cane sugar
- Combine all ingredients together in a bowl until smooth and kind of elastic, but do not overwork the dough
- Place a bowl in a warm place, cover it and let it rise in size for 1 or 2 hours
- Punch the dough down, place it onto a lightly floured surface
- Cut in 6 pieces, shape each in a small ball and after shape the balls into flat circles, they should be about 1,5 cm high. Cover and let rise for other 30 minutes
- In the meantime, preheat the oven and bake the bread for 15 minutes at 170 degrees.
Buon appetito! 🙂